Tweak Firefox For A Faster Browsing Experience

>> Friday, January 8, 2010


As one of the best and leading browsers in the world, Firefox offers a ton of customization options to its users. Amongst those is the about:config page that you can reach by typing about:config in the address bar.


By modifying a few critical settings in the about:config page, you can make your Internet experience a lot faster. Go ahead and change the following settings and see the difference for yourself.

First, enter about:config in the Firefox address bar. Once it opens, make the following configuration changes.

In the "Filter" search, type: pipelining.

The following results should come up:
network.http.pipelining
network.http.pipelining.maxrequests
network.http.pipelining.ssl
network.http.proxy.pipelining

The first option allows Firefox to make multiple connections to a single server and download data faster. Set this option to True.

The second option enables the user to set up the maximum number of simultaneous connections that Firefox should make to a server. For an average bandwidth connection, set it to 8. If you have tons of bandwidth, use 16.

The third and fourth options should only be set to True if you want to use pipelining for secure servers or if you are behind a proxy.

Once all the settings have been changed to the values you want, simply restart your browser and head over to your favorite sites. You are sure to notice a difference in load times.


Post a Comment

About This Blog

This blog was created out of my passionate following for technology. After spending most of my life behind a monitor, and bent over a keyboard, I decided that it would be wonderful if I could pass on a bit of my knowledge to fellow netizens. And with that, I realized that it's time to start my first Blog. I hope that I will be able to keep posting quality content regularly. Please drop your comments about the blog on the Feedback page. I will do my best to respond.

About Me

My photo
I am a final year Engineering student. This blog is my attempt to provide perspective on technological developments (computers and the Internet) from around the world. This is my first attempt at blogging and any feedback (good or bad) is welcome.

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP