iPad Madness: [Part 1] 5 Reasons To Love The iPad

>> Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hello readers! Greatest apologies for not having posted for a month. I was busy giving my exams. A lot of geeky, techie stuff has occurred over the past month and I am dying to get cracking. And first up, we have the iPad. I mean... what better way is there of ending a hiatus than by talking about the latest Apple gizmo on the scene.

The Apple iPad was introduced on the 27th January amongst much fanfare. For those who missed it, scroll down to get the You Tube links for the keynote. It has been received with much enthusiasm and quite a bit of skepticism. To give you the dirt on the iPad, I am going to post a Two Part series on the iPad. This, here, is the first part.

There are somethings that Apple does in style. Their keynotes, their designs, etc., their interface can spell out only one word. A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! Here are the best features of the iPad.

It's Sleek As Hell
At just 1.5 pounds and 0.5 pounds thick, you will be hard pressed to find any smaller tablets. At these specs, it kind of gets impossible to believe that the tiny case is host to a computer.

App Store Compatibility
The Apple iPhone App Store recently crossed it's one billionth download. And Apple has full plans to make this fact work to it's advantage. The iPad will support the App Store out of the box and these applications will do wonders to increase the functionality of the iPad.

1GHz Processing Power
Yes. You heard right. 1 GHz. It's not one of those lame, slow power-drained tablets. It's got enough to get you going with your favorite apps, book, email, and then some.

iBooks
Everyone knows that the Amazon Kindle took the world by storm when it offered electronic versions of its books through a convenient  digital reader. Apple is hoping to exploit some of the same market by introducing iBooks and tying up with Penguin, Harper Collins, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, and Hachette for content.

Battery Life
The iPad has a claimed battery life of 10 hours. That's pretty freakin' amazing considering the kind of application that it's going to support. Hopefully, it will live up to its claims.

The aforementioned features sure make the iPad look like a killer device. But will it live upto the expections? Lately, Apple has been in the news for all the wrong reasons and their image has taken a bit of a beating. Come back for Part 2 of this series, where I talk about why the iPad is loathe-worthy.

Links:
Keynote Part 1
Keynote Part 2
Keynote Part 3
Keynote Part 4

Liked this post? Share it using the buttons below, or express your opinions in the comments section.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This blog was created out of my passionate following for technology. After spending most of my life behind a monitor, and bent over a keyboard, I decided that it would be wonderful if I could pass on a bit of my knowledge to fellow netizens. And with that, I realized that it's time to start my first Blog. I hope that I will be able to keep posting quality content regularly. Please drop your comments about the blog on the Feedback page. I will do my best to respond.

About Me

My photo
I am a final year Engineering student. This blog is my attempt to provide perspective on technological developments (computers and the Internet) from around the world. This is my first attempt at blogging and any feedback (good or bad) is welcome.

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP